Friday, December 17, 2010

Through the Olive Trees


A recent poster design for the Calgary Cinematheque presentation of Through the Olive Trees. It's the story of a director attempting to make a film about two people who marry shortly after a devastating  earthquake destroys most of their village. As it turns out, the male lead actor that the director has hired is in love with, and wants to marry, the lead actress.

I came away from it feeling that the director was somewhat like a god figure in the film, manipulating both the movie he is making, and his actors. Which is how I came about the image I created.

While I did enjoy some of the performances, and I appreciated the ambiguous ending, I have to be truthful here and say that it's not really my cup of tea. That's just my opinion though.

No comments:

Post a Comment