Friday, December 3, 2010

The Wizard of Oz







The Calgary Cinematheque is showing the Wizard of Oz on the big screen on December 18th, and I wanted to represent the movie in a way I hadn't seen before. I had already created a poster with the Wicked Witch of the East under something not long ago with my Fairy Tale Fiascos poster for the Alberta Dance Theatre, so my wife suggested I do a travel poster and I really liked that idea. All Roads Lead to the Emerald City was the approach I decided to take. A second version was suggested, again by my wife, to remove the characters and the cliffs – I have to say that I like that one the most right now.

After I had presented the poster with the Dorothy and the gang, I was asked to make the text at the bottom more prominent, which made sense because they want people to bring food donations to the Food Bank, so I decided to ditch the "All Roads…" and the "See the one, the only…" lines to accommodate other information that would allow me to bump up the bottom text a bit more. I don't think it has the same travel poster feel, I'm still happy with it, but I kind of like these better.

Here is the final one by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment