Thursday, April 28, 2011

Calgary Expo Roller Derby Poster


The upcoming Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo will have a Roller Derby on Father's Day. The theme is Super Heroes vs Zombies. It was a lot of fun to do the poster. I titled it Battle at the Saddle because the Expo takes place on the Calgary Stampede grounds and one of the city's claims to fame is our saddle shaped arena, and Battle at the Saddle has a much better ring to it than Battle at the BMO Centre. It's still awaiting some copy but I wanted to post the image now because I'm pretty happy with it.

I wanted to use a super hero who doesn't wear a cape and I thought Wonder Woman would be pretty cool, and eye catching as well. Nice bright colors to offset the grays and greens of the zombies. Wonder Woman is based on Lynda Carter, of course. And as far as I'm concerned she was, and always will be, Wonder Woman - although I'm not sure I could watch the show now (tastes change), but I remember loving it when I was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment