Sunday, January 23, 2011

Tokyo Story


The Calgary Cinematheque will be presenting the film Tokyo Story, by Yasujiro Ozu, on February 1st and 5th, and here's the poster I designed for the presentation.

It's a movie that will stick with you after viewing.

I have to admit that when I saw it I didn't think too much of it. I can't say it's a film everyone will like, Hell, I don't think I really like it, but I am glad I saw it, and as I watched it I could see things in it that I could relate to, things like how, no matter what, families do grow apart in varying degrees. You try to keep the family ties, you want to keep the family ties, but sometimes, they just come untied. We all grow into our own lives, and it's up to us to make the best of the time we have. At least that's what I got from the film.

Like Joni says: "Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone".

No comments:

Post a Comment