Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Rainn Wilson: SoulPancake

There is a brand new book by Rainn Wilson, Devon Gundry, Golriz Lucina, and Shabnam Mogharabi called SoulPancake, based on the web site of the same name, available at Amazon (com and ca) and Rainn Wilson put a challenge out to the Threadless community to create a cover. Here is mine…and no, I wasn't inspired by the grilled cheesus episode of Glee. If anything I would say it's more like the Jesus in Surrey naan bread, or any other image of a religious figure found in everyday things, that's what made me think of this. And while I was sitting there thinking "damn, this is too obvious" I also had to say "what the hell".

The photo is a royalty free image from Shutterstock, and Mr. Wilson's image was supplied. Don't shoot me because of the crudeness of my photoshop, there was an extremely tight deadline imposed on the project…nothing like fire under the ass to get one moving.

The long list of entrants can be found in Rainn Wilson's profile on Threadless (mine is on page 3).

No comments:

Post a Comment