Friday, December 18, 2009

Australian Legend

Australian legend

(unpublished)
I was asked to come up with a couple of ads for the white and red varieties of Australian Legend wine. The client wanted something that had a western feel. They actually wanted the ads to feature a cowboy and cowgirl (because the logo has an Australian rough rider), so I provided one concept with that direction.

But the concept I liked featured an old fashioned (maybe a little cliched) look for wine but with a headline that spoke to the uniqueness of Australia and their ability to create fantastic, fun words for anything. So after looking through several Australian/English dictionaries I found these two words (there are more, trust me) that acted as great attention getting headlines (the definitions are to the left of the bottle and upside down).

No comments:

Post a Comment