Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

I really want to design key art for films, so any chance I get, I give it a go. I liked this movie a lot and I saw a lecture by the photographer, Kimberly French, and was inspired. So I gathered up some images and developed this poster.

It's actually quite a literal interpretation of the events if you ask me. The Robert Ford character is lurking about in the shadow of the iconic American outlaw behind his back. The top of Jesse's head is gone (attempt at foreshadowing). I know distributors would not want to show just half of Brad Pitt's head because that just doesn't sell a movie, I guess, but I wanted to do something different with the images and not make it a floating head poster.

(images copyright Warner Brothers Pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment